Evergreen Endodontics supports the goals and mission of the Eco-Dentistry Association, and we have adopted the Eco-Dentistry Association’s green dentistry model.
The Eco-Dentistry Association® Member Pledge
As a Member of the Eco-Dentistry Association® I am/we are committed to a dental profession which values both outstanding patient care and outstanding planetary care.
I/we recognize that as dental professionals we make decisions every day which impact the public’s health, and the health of our Earth.
As such, I/we pledge to consider the environmental impact of my/our practices in:
- Dental processes and materials
- Office administration and marketing
- Office construction, design and furnishings
In making choices in these three areas I/we agree to:
- Rethink decisions and wherever possible to choose environmentally-sound options (e.g. using digital radiography, re-painting the office with non-toxic paints, installing an amalgam separator)
- Reduce the environmental impact of my/our practice (e.g. lowering energy consumption by converting light fixtures to energy-efficient fluorescents, using cloth sterilization methods)
- Reuse or re-purpose whatever I/we can (e.g. reusing lab boxes, buying washable lab coats)
- Recycle whatever I/we can (e.g. recycling office magazines, copy paper)
I/we further pledge to:
- Demonstrate leadership by sharing “best practices” and innovations with other Eco-Dentistry Association® Members
- Educate my/our team and patients about environmentally-sound practices
- Support suppliers who offer environmentally-sound products and services
- Reduces waste and pollution. You’d be surprised how much waste and pollution is generated by a single dental practice.
- Saves water, energy and money. It’s time for every industry to conserve resources, and dentistry has an important role to play.
- Is high tech. Many innovations on the leading edge of dental technology are also better for patients and the planet.
- Supports a wellness lifestyle. A growing community of consumers seeks dental professionals who share their values of personal and planetary wellness.